Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST)
A quick, easy, and instantly pleasing procedure that can be life changing!
Advanced Periodontics is pleased to offer the Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST) as a scalpel-free, suture-free, graft-free minimally invasive procedure for correcting gum recession and saving teeth. Through a small hole made by a needle, specially designed instruments are used to gently loosen the gum tissue and glide it over the receded part of the tooth. Since there is no cutting and very infrequent stitching, patients can expect minimal postoperative symptoms (pain, swelling, and bleeding). Patients are pleasantly surprised by the instant cosmetic improvement. Most patients resume light normal activities within 24 to 48 hours after treatment, excluding workouts and other strenuous activities. Not every patient’s teeth and gums will be ideal to use this technique. The doctors at Advanced Periodontics can make that decision during the initial consultation.
Top 10 benefits of the pinhole procedure:
- PST can correct gum recession for the entire top or bottom jaw in as little as one treatment session.
- There is minimal discomfort and swelling in most cases because the method is scalpel-free, suture-free, and graft-free.
- PST provides long-term results.
- The pinholes heal in 24 hours in most cases.
- Only over-the-counter medications are needed for most cases.
- PST can prevent tooth loss and the need for costly procedures such as implants or dentures.
- PST can enhance a more youthful and attractive appearance.
- A complete arch can be treated in one session in as little as one to two hours.
- Patients often describe feeling happier and smiling with more confidence after covering ugly, receded gums.
- Most patients are back to normal, light activities within 24 to 48 hours after the procedure.
Contact us at our Hamden or New Haven office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Weiss or Dr.Evans to learn more about this transformative procedure today.